Saturday, February 24, 2007



Hi all my Friends,

I’m writing to invite you to my Retrospective Print and Paint Show, Opening. It will take place on April 7, 2007 at the jFERRARI Gallery, at The Complex,

3015 Glendale Blvd, Atwater Village, CA 90039, 323-877-5542, www.jferrarigallery.com, from 5:00 to 11:00pm.

As you probably know, I am an artist who has painted and done woodcuts since I was a kid. My paintings are portraits of people and they are either commissioned, bartered for services or I painted them as gifts. My paintings are owned by people around the country and the paintings will be together in the same place for the first time. I have wanted a retrospective for years but it was always too hard to make it happen. This year I turn eighty and I figure it’s now or never so I took on the challenge to put it together.

What I really want is to have a wealthy, art collector or critic come into the gallery and fall in love with my work so the people who own my paintings can become rich when I die. It's a nice dream so I am trying to get the most publicity I can to make it happen. Take a look at the photo for the invitation. It took a lot of years to put it together. So put the date on your calendar. Come and celebrate with me if you can.

I will use this the Bea Gold Retrospective Blog to keep everyone up to date about the show and party. Both the show and party require a lot of planning and things are moving along. FOR THE SHOW: Paintings are beginning to come in. Two came from San Jose and one from Mississippi. There are several at my framer, Studio Framers. I just learned that Studio Framers is going out of business at the end of February. That means that the paintings needing frames have to be there there in February so things are being pushed along. Cory and I are going on a Road Trip to pick up paintings. We are flying to Sacramento and renting a mid-size SUV, which should be able to carry the ten or so paintings we will pick up. There are two houses in Sacramento, then one in Walnut Creek, one in Alamo, an office in Concord, two houses in San Francisco and one in Santa Barbara. I'm looking forward to the trip, visiting and getting to see where my paintings are hanging.
FOR THE PARTY: I have secured a caterer who comes with very high acclaim, Gloria and her partner Elizabeth who will be taking over Netty's a well loved Silver Lake restaurant. Michael Locke will be our photographer. He has been a strong presence in the Silver Lake community and his web site Silver Lake Community News is terrific. Jeremy Rothe-Kushel, I hope, will be our DJ for music for the evening. We need to keep the party invitees to about 150. I don't believe the jFerrari Gallery will hold more comfortably. The gallery curators will need to be creative in hanging the paintings - there will be a lot of paintings and the space is not large but very nice. I'll let you know what happens next.

1 Comments:

Blogger Annie B said...

A Bea Gold Painting Pickup road trip -- I love it!

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home